Space Stations are artificial bodies (which occupy a star's orbit) that allow alliances to set up governance over a region of space. An alliance can have multiple space stations.
- Space Stations are deployed after the successful arrival of a Space Station Hull at an uninhabited planet. Once the Space Station is founded it is under the control of your whole alliance via a vote of Parliament.
- Instead of buildings, the space station has modules. New stations have a level 1 Station Command Center, level 1 Parliament, and level 1 Warehouse innately. Upgrading or building new modules requires the appropriate plan (see Space Station Lab).
- If your empire owns a Space Station you may not quit your alliance. If the space station is abandoned, the space it occupied will be replaced by an asteroid. Therefore, a space station can only be built at a given position once. Deployment of the space station, like any colony, breaks isolation.
- Once you lose your Station Command Center, you have no available plots.
- Once the SCC and Parliament are both destroyed, the station will self-destruct leaving behind an Asteroid, no further Space Station Hulls will be able to sent to that location again unless the Asteroid is converted back into a planet by something like the Black Hole Generator.
- Care and feeding are needed to keep space stations active. If they aren't supplied, the modules start taking damage. Once a module has reached 0% it will lose a level and reset back to 100% and then continue to be damaged again until more resources arrive at the station.
- If the Command Module is destructed, your alliance loses control of the station.
- A new Space Station does not have a lot of supplies to start with: possibly only about 4 hours worth of supplies. Be ready to supply a Space Station as soon as you deploy it. Space Station Hulls are slow and can take a few hours to arrive even to an adjacent orbit in the same system.
- All space station modules in the space station only consume resources. They produce no waste and no happiness.
- If you have all modules placed, Space Stations consume resources in a balanced manner.
Notes and tips:
Keywords: alliance embassy modules space station