Choose your installation file for Windows, OS X, Linux at: http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads
In this guide we will cover using ActivePerl on Windows (latest version is 5.22 as of April 2016). If installing on Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista systems, be sure to install as administrator:
- Accept the License agreement.
- Install everything. Location can be changed if desired.
- Be sure the box is checked for "Add Perl to the PATH environment variable"
- Wait until install is done.
- After install, you can test by opening a Command Shell, and typing "perl -v". You should see the Perl version displayed.
- If you had a Command Shell window open while installing Perl, try closing it and re-opening it.
- If doing "perl -v" still fails in a new command window, you may need to manaully add your perl path to the system environment PATH variable.Download the Games Lacuna Client:
- Download the ZIP from https://github.com/tsee/Games-Lacuna-Client and extract into a local directory, eg C:\myperl\tsee
- In a Command Shell: cd into c:\myperl\tsee
- perl ppm_install.pl (this kludgy perl script will run thru all the ppm modules needed by GLC)
- Edit the file examples/myaccount.yml, and save it as lacuna.yml, so it looks something like this:
empire_name: Your Empire Name
You should now be able to run "perl server_details.pl" and see some info about your empire.
Note: Community Edition offers access to the newest versions of ActivePerl. Access to older versions (Perl 5.6, 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, 5.14, 5.16, 5.18) is available in Business Edition and Enterprise Edition.