Click here to register.
login with Facebook
Problem with Send Detonator to Indeussoex:Get 100,000 happiness.

Missions

Flat
Problem with Send Detonator to Indeussoex:Get 100,000 happiness.
User: David Menasce
Date: 4/25/2011 10:01 am
Views: 123
Rating: 0

I've just had a discussion with another game member about why my probe got shot down. Turns out, he was just taking orders from mission control. 

Can those of us who have had our probes unseriptiously blown up by mission control please get them back? 

Alternatively can I have the writers name to send a party favour to?  :P

Re: Problem with Send Detonator to Indeussoex:Get 100,000 happiness.
lemming
User: lemming
Date: 4/25/2011 10:13 am
Views: 0

People don't have to follow the missions directive.

Not sure, but that might have been a mission I wrote, but there are several like that.  And the targets for missions are not chosen by the writer, they are randomly chosen when the mission is made active for the mission command.

Lemmings in Spaaaacccce!

Re: Problem with Send Detonator to Indeussoex:Get 100,000 happiness.
User: gratch
Date: 4/25/2011 10:17 am
Views: 14

That is how fleet missions work.  The mission writer does NOT choose the specific target of the mission.  The mission writer selects a ship type and a set of parameters for the target (star/color, planet/size, in/out of zone) and the server selects a random target which matches those parameters at the time the mission is added to the set of available zone missions.

In this case the mission writer said to send a detonator to a star and a star that you have probed happened to be the random target selected by the server. 

I am sorry that you lost your probe, but I don't think anyone in this forum has the ability to give it back to you.  You could enter this in the support forum, but since it isn't a bug I am not sure if they will do anything for you.  Your best bet might be the ideas forum if you feel that something about the mission process should be changed.

Gratch

Re: Problem with Send Mission
User: Jed
Date: 4/26/2011 5:36 pm
Views: 13

Hi Gratch,

Somewhat unrelated, but maybe not so unrelated.

There's a mission asking me to send a Cargo ship to a planet owned by another Empire.  They're an acquaintance/neighbor, but not an ally.

I can't send a cargo ship to another planet.  Did the mission randomly select cargo ship as a random ship type to send?  Will arranging a trade meet the parameters of this mission?

I'm just wondering if you have the answers, since you seemed to have some input RE: mission control opperation.

Thanks!

-Jed

User: gratch
Date: 4/26/2011 6:34 pm
Views: 11

The ship type for the mission is set by the mission creator, it is not selected by the server.  So the creator of this mission wanted it to be a cargo ship.  The planet is selected by the server randomly based on the mission settings.

I believe that a trade using a cargo ship is the only way to complete the mission.  Unless you get lucky enough to have the server choose one of your own colonies as the target, in which case you could just push resources in a cargo ship.

Gratch

lemming
User: lemming
Date: 4/26/2011 7:01 pm
Views: 32

The other way to complete that particular mission is to send a spy via cargo ship.

Lemmings in Spaaaacccce!

PreviousNext