The Terraforming Platform is deployed from a Terraforming Platform Ship. Once deployed it allows you to inhabit planets that your species couldn't normally survive on.
- The terraforming platform does not allow you to colonize gas giants. To colonize gas giants outside your normal range, you need both a terraforming platform and a gas giant settlement platform.
- Each level of platform provides one usable plot on the target planet.
- You may send as many platforms as you like to a target planet.
- Other players (or your other colonies) can send platforms to your planets to assist your growth.
- Like glyph buildings, while platforms take up a location on the surface, they do not take up a usable plot.
- Unlike glyph buildings, platforms may be upgraded once deployed.
- They start at the level of the lab on the planet that sent them plus one, and can be upgraded using resources like regular buildings.
- They can be built on a planet with a Level 1 Terraforming Lab, shipped in a cargo ship to another planet with a higher level Lab and sent from there. This allows for cheaper ships with a higher level when they get to the colony.
- To colonize outside your habitable orbit range you need:
- Send Both ships to the new planet.
- Once the Colony Ship gets to the planet you will have a new colony with -1 Plots (from the PCC).
- The Terraforming Platform Ship will appear as a Terraforming Plaform Plan in the PCC.
- The ships may both be in flight at the same time, they may come from different empires or planets, and they may land in any order.
- The first colony ship on the planet gets any plans anyone has put there.
- A sufficient supply of phosphorus from sources like Gypsum, Sulfur, and Monazite.
A Level 1 Terraforming Platform can be constructed in the Archaeology Ministry using methane, zircon, magnetite, and beryl glyphs.
Keywords: Construction Buildings